+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    SK Chief Babbler jen_oneill's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    82

    Default Hope Powell's Recent BBC Interview

    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14636000.stm

    Guess this is the best place to have this discussion before everyone moves on and Euro 2013 become the total focus...

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Ealing
    Posts
    70

    Default

    Not much on the WC failures themselves. It looks obvious that the "coward" comment was made off the record from what she says.
    She doesn't says lessons will be learnt though which is a worry.

  3. #3
    SK Chief Babbler jen_oneill's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    82

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvain View Post
    It looks obvious that the "coward" comment was made off the record from what she says.
    It 'looks' that way.

    But yeah, it's about how things go from here. What has been learned etc.
    Why did such a great group of players, with fantastic results heading into the tournie, not quite produce it when it mattered (though they DID remain unbeaten)?
    If you knew the answer to that though, you would have the key to everything!

  4. #4
    numbersix
    Guest

    Default Move on up

    Quote Originally Posted by jen_oneill View Post
    It 'looks' that way.

    But yeah, it's about how things go from here. What has been learned etc.
    Why did such a great group of players, with fantastic results heading into the tournie, not quite produce it when it mattered (though they DID remain unbeaten)?
    If you knew the answer to that though, you would have the key to everything!
    I thought it was time for her to go after the last World Cup........

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Ealing
    Posts
    70

    Default

    It is difficult to understand why the FA did not want to brng somene with new and different ideas. I mean 13 years in the job is a long time.

  6. #6
    numbersix
    Guest

    Default Empty Cabinet

    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvain View Post
    It is difficult to understand why the FA did not want to brng somene with new and different ideas. I mean 13 years in the job is a long time.
    13 years and not being THE major force in World football...signals the time for a change....

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts