+ Reply to Thread

Thumbs down centers of exellence

the fa have again been very secretive about decisions regarding centers of exellence if they gave reasons for their decisions it would be better it seems to be based on location only hull and sunderland had two of the best centers in the north now neither exist its plain wrong teeside the furthest north is a joke and they have no facillities york and leeds ?????????? not good but we as parents have to do the best we can with cosideration from anyone people in newcastle have a 2 hour round trip to a center so iam dissapionted that these decisions have been based on location abve all else

Angry Hull Centre Of EXCELLENCE.....

The FA, total let down to many girls.

I also would like to say as a parent, from a very DISTRESSED, DEFLATED, player for Hull C of E ,2010-2011...
    I'm finding the correct words to express my total lack of understanding as to why the FA would choose not to allocate Hull College Girls Centre Of EXCELLENCE a Licence for the for-coming season very difficult to illustrate..
    It is just total madness on their part, if they had reasons to support their decision on the closure i may understand, may not like it but would understand, but when you have REGIONALLY the strongest squads in all age groups, great facilities, Fantastic coaching, high statistics as required from a Cof E, what more do they want??????
    Do they not take into consideration how disadvantaged the girls have been left?
    The effect psychologically is has impacted on the THEM?

My daughter has Regional Trials this upcoming weekend, and i very concerned how this may affect her..
    The coaches at Hull C OF E have enabled her through their total dedication, commitment, skilled coaching to provide her with the attributes of becoming an INTERNATIONAL Player, without this it would never of been possible( as requested by the FA) so what more are they expecting????

In light of all this all i can do at this very sad time is send my sincere gratitude for what Hull Cof E have provided for my daughter and even at this current stage hopes that the FA realise what a huge error they have made and rectify it...

So chin up all you Professional Players as you are and always will be what is expected of you due to Hull C OF E...
    As a very wise man once said "THE FUTURE IS UNWRITTEN" (or is it?)....

Default centers of exellence

in defence of the fa in this matter they have picked these centers on the level of coaching ie uefa a licence holders and availibility of sports science facillities , there is no preference given so centers that failed in there bids did not reach these high standards or were competing against higher quality bids . although it was a shock to me that sunderland and hull missed out the centers that were awarded coe status the other bids were better

Default Centres of Excellence

Although disagreements to the actions of the FA, it was down to the centres to ensure their bid was good enough to be able to produce future England players, not stars, at the level of U15 and U17 standard of football. It was not I believe in my own opinion any slant on the other centres. The regional appraisals were necessary to get the best of the facilities available and unfortunately some centres didn`t come up to standard. I do hope you continue to encourage the players that are of a good standard to keep in the Girls development Centres which are as comparable to the previous status of coes. According to the rules it is not a given right that you stay at them, as you can come and go if not up to standard.

I certainly don't believe the COE selection was a fair process from all the feedback I have heard on the subject.
    I think what should be interesting is to have games between the COE and the teams who are part of the FDP and see who performs better at every level. Surely the COE should batter those FDP teams or...